CASH IT AUCTION VALUE TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. About Us
- www.guaranteedauctionvalue.co.uk, www.dontscrapitcashit.co.uk, www.dontscrapitcashit.com, www.cashitlma.co.uk & www.cashitlma.com are websites operated by Letchworth Motor Auctions Ltd (we or us). We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 07731811 and our registered office is at 35 Grafton Way, London, W1T 5DB.
- We will make the following assumptions about your vehicle:
- Has a valid MOT.
- Is not an import or been re-registered.
- Has never been subject to an insurance write off or used for private hire, rental, and driving tuition or as a police vehicle.
- Hasn’t a personalised registration plate or subject to a cherish transfer.
- No damage, including interior and not in need of mechanical attention.
- Is not a non-runner.
- Has two sets of keys.
- You have the following documents:- Current V5 and valid MOT certificate.
- We will make the following assumptions about your vehicle:
General fair wear and tear:
- The assumptions we have made with the information given to us by you, the seller, assume that your car is in average condition for its age and mileage. We are assuming that there are no major mechanical faults. Damage added by you should be considered above and beyond fair wear and tear.
Pre-Purchase Visual Inspection:
- We carry out a visual inspection of a vehicle before we confirm an offer to purchase it. If we consider that its value is affected by any aspect of its history or condition, including any non factory feature which was not apparent to us when we gave the online quotation, the price that we offer may differ from the online quotation.
- We guarantee to buy every car we value up to the value of £10,000.00. However, if there is a change in the market value of your car resulting in a reduced valuation, then we endeavour to let you know what the new valuation is before your appointment, so that you have the opportunity to cancel, if you choose to do so.
- Our standard BACS payment terms takes up to 3 working days after the day of purchase to arrive in your bank account.
3. Online Quotations
- 3.1. Any quotation given through our site or by e-mail (online valuation) is a valuation based upon what you tell us about the vehicle and may not be a price at which we are willing to buy the vehicle.
- 3.2. We will always carry out a visual inspection of a vehicle before we complete the transaction. After you have received an online valuation, you may book an appointment for us to carry out an inspection.
- 3.3. If we consider that the value of a vehicle is affected by any aspect of its history or condition, including any unusual feature or customisation, which was not apparent to us when we gave the online valuation, the price that we offer for it following an onsite inspection may differ from the online valuation quoted.
4. Purchase Agreement
- 4.1. Once we have carried out an inspection of a vehicle, we will offer to buy the vehicle for a price.
- 4.2. Any offer to buy the vehicle may only be accepted by you, and a contract will only be made between us, if and when you sign our standard written purchase invoice contract at the appointment. The contract will be subject to these terms and conditions and will not contain any other standard terms or conditions.
- 4.3. When a contract is made you will be expected to hand us:
- All of the vehicles keys.
- Vehicle registration document must be registered in the sellers name and current address.
- Vehicle service history.
- Vehicle MOT certificate.
- Vehicle user manuals.
- Any accessories there may be such as a locking wheel nut, radio fascia, remote controls and headsets.
- And to remove any personal possessions from the vehicle.
- 4.4. In the event that you fail to comply with 4.3 above, we reserve the right to withdraw any offer to buy the vehicle with immediate effect and/or to rescind any contract with immediate effect.
5. Price & Payment
- 5.1. Once you have handed over the vehicle in accordance with 4.3 above, we will pay you the price for the vehicle quoted after the inspection, less the amount of any transaction fee, by electronic transfer to your bank account.
- 5.2. The minimum valuation is £25.
- 5.3. Our standard BACS payment terms takes up to 3 working days after the day of sale to arrive in your bank account.
- 5.4. It is possible that events beyond our control may delay payment, and if that happens we will not have any liability to you for the delay.
6. Your Representations
- 6.1. If we purchase a vehicle from you, we will be relying upon from the information provided and your representation that:
- You are legally capable of entering into a binding contract to sell the vehicle.
- You are at least 18 years old
- To the best of your knowledge, information and belief:
- You are the sole owner of the vehicle;
- Other than in respect of any finance outstanding on the vehicle which you have disclosed to us, no person has any claim to the vehicle;
- The mileage reading on the vehicle is true and accurate and the odometer has not been tampered with unless stated at the time of the valuation:
- You have disclosed to us all matters which a prudent purchaser would want to know about, such as physical defects in the vehicle (e.g. if it has any material, mechanical problems or damage).
- All information supplied by you in respect of the vehicle (whether in obtaining an on-line valuation, at any appointment or otherwise) is true and accurate in all respects.
- The vehicle is registered in the UK unless stated at valuation.
- You are not (nor are you acting on behalf of anyone who is) selling the vehicle in the general course of business.
- We will require proof of identification ie: current driving license or passport plus a bank statement or current utility bill.
- 6.2. In the event that we discover at any time that any of the above representations are or are likely to be inaccurate, untrue or false then we reserve the right at our sole discretion to:
- Request any documentation or information we deem necessary to determine whether the above representations are untrue or false.
- Withdraw any offer to buy the vehicle with immediate effect.
- To rescind any contract with immediate effect and/or where appropriate seek damages from you.
7. Cars subject to financial interest
- 7.1. We may agree to purchase the vehicle even though it is the subject of a financial agreement between you and a third party (Finance Agreement), provided that we receive a written statement of the amount required to settle the outstanding finance agreement in full from the third party.
- 7.2. We will only pay to a third party such sum as we agree with you in formal writing. We will make such payment as soon as is reasonably practicable after we enter into the contract and following receipt of any sum due from you under condition 7.3(b) below.
- 7.3. If the price is:
- 7.3.1. Higher than the settlement figure required to fully settle any sum outstanding under any finance agreement we will pay you the difference or
- 7.3.2. Lower than the settlement figure required to fully settle any sum outstanding under any finance agreement you must pay us the difference.
- 7.3.3. If you are liable for the difference then we will settle upon receiving cleared funds of the difference.
8. Our liability
- 8.1. Subject to condition 8.3, we will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profit, or loss of anticipated savings. However, this condition 8.1 shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your physical property which is caused by our negligence.
- 8.2. Subject to condition 8.3, our maximum aggregate liability to you under or in connection with any contract with you shall not exceed the value of the vehicle.
- 8.3. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for:
- Death or personal injury which we cause or
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
9. Law & Juristiction
- 9.1. Each contract will be governed by English law and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales unless the appointment takes place in Scotland, in which case it will be governed by Scots law and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
10. Use of your information
11. Permitted Use
- 11.1. You are only permitted to access and use our website for your personal, non-commercial purposes, meaning this website may only be accessed and used directly by a private individual. Access to and use of this website other than for your personal, non-commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
- 11.2. You are not permitted to use this website and our affiliate sites:
- 11.2.1. In any unlawful, fraudulent or commercial manner.
- 11.2.2. To create, check, confirm, update, modify or amend your own or another person’s databases, records or directories.
- 11.2.3. Using any automated software, process, program, robot, web crawler, spider, data mining, trawling or other ‘screen scraping’ software, process, program or system.
- 11.3. You may operate a link to this website and our affiliate sites provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it as determined by us. You must not operate a link to this website in such a way as to suggest or imply any form of association, approval or endorsement by us. We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to this website at any time and we may withdraw any linking permission at any time.